e-publications@RCSI is an open access institutional repository, hence all material available here is freely available on the internet. For further information see About the repository.
If you have any comments or suggestions please contact the repository administrators at .
Copyright and use of work
Material in the repository is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial Share-Alike License.
Copies of full items generally can be used for personal research/study, educational or not for profit purposes without prior permission. However, you must provide the author, title, and full bibliographic details. Mention of e-publications@RCSI will be appreciated but is not obligatory. Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders. For RCSI theses and dissertations, please also read the document “Copyright for Library Deposit Theses and Dissertations.”
- Material may be deposited by RCSI staff and students and by staff at Beaumont Hospital, Dublin (other submissions will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
- To submit work please either:
- contact the repository administrators at . We will then contact you with further information on how to submit.
- or choose the "Submit Research" link (under Author Corner). You will be asked to login and to fill out a submission form – please see further instructions on the Submission Instructions web page.
- Work will be accepted in any form. Word documents will be converted to PDF.
- Only full-text of material will be accepted – bibliographic citations and abstracts without the full-text will not be posted.
- Journal article versions to submit:
- We will use the final publisher version (i.e. the one on the journal website) where possible.
- However, many publishers do not allow their final version to be used in institutional repositories. They usually allow use of pre-prints (this is the version of the paper pre-refereeing/pre-peer review) and/or post-prints (this is the final draft post-refereeing/post-peer review). Where it is not possible to use the final publisher version, we will use the pre- or post- print as outlined by the Sherpa Romeo database. We may also need to contact the publisher directly.
- On occasion it may not be possible to use the submitted article – usually because of publisher restrictions.
- RCSI Library encourages all researchers to keep an electronic copy of research work in pre-print and post-print format for submission to the repository.
- Submitted work will be kept in a holding area for clearance by the repository administrators. Once cleared, the material will then be available in the repository.
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- The repository administrators will only check eligibility of authors, valid layout and format and compliance with publisher policies. We will communicate with authors if a different version of the work is required (e.g. a post-print instead of a pre-print).
Disclaimer and take-down policy
The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor. RCSI is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of information posted to the repository.
If there is a query regarding copyright violation, the relevant work will be removed while the matter is investigated further.
Display of material in the repository
- "Browse by Faculty, School, Department"
This search is divided into communities, sub-communities and series. An example of a community is "Division of Population Health Sciences," of a sub-community is "Department of Psychology" and of series is "Psychology Articles."
Material will be submitted to the Department section of the submitting author, i.e. if the submitting author’s main department is the Department of Psychology, the material will be displayed under this department.
- Author index
Only names of authors from RCSI and Beaumont Hospital, Dublin will be added to the repository index (hence the index will show only RCSI and Beaumont Hospital author names and will not show names of non-RCSI/Beaumont Hospital authors). The full-text document itself will display all author names (as submitted by the RCSI/Beaumont Hospital author of the document).
- Search function
A search of the repository will include Full text, Keyword, Subject Area, Author's Name, Institution, Corporate Author, Date, Title, Abstract, Publication Title (series or journal), and Discipline.